Tuesday, April 17, 2007

To Blog or Not To Blog...that is the question...



Ok...FINE! I will blog. I suppose it would be the pinnacle, the peak, the height of rudeness to start a blog without a post; however, it is still "very tempting, Hammy, verrry tempting..." to go ahead an leave it blank buuuut I won't.

Well, as fond as I am of change, I will be going through another one - noooo, not male menopause...I've got to have something to look forward to in my fifties or sixties...besides grandchildren (spoil them rotten and send them back home with noisy toys)...the change to which I am blithely referring is of job. Due to circumstances beyond my control, and after having said I don't want to do Debate next year, I am a penguin without a school for next year. Oh well. It is okay - I am doing the right thing for the right reasons so everything will turn out all RIGHT, right?

I am getting trunky (as in my mental bags are packed - WATCH IT!) for Summer. The weather is turning nicer---sometimes. It is only about 6-7 weeks away from my next installment of "earlier retirement" al la Summer Months. Perhaps this will be the Summer of my Grand Novel/Short Story? Perhaps I will write down some music? Perhaps cockroaches will dance the watusi in my shorts? No...you have to draw the line somewhere!

Well, that will count for my first blog....for now...for all time....for get it.

Opus

4 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you for blessing us with your thoughts and musings. :) I look forward to your novel/short story/song/watusi.

When we were driving home tonight, we passed the intermural field. Walking around in the soccer pitch was a man playing bagpipes, and a few yards away were a couple of his friends doing a jig. It was really fun to see.

Love you!
-E

melanie said...

It looks good...so will you be letting the general bloglic (okay, that was supposed to be like public, but it doesn't work very well) test-read your "write stuff"?

Erin, you shouldda run out and handed him the MacKay song to try for us! :)

Heather said...

Yay! You're back in blogdom. Not, blog-dumb. You've inspired me. Maybe I'll blog in the next few months, too.

I didn't know this job thing! Yikes! Are you worried at all? We'll pray for you at *least* once, I promise :)

motherof8 said...

Delighted to see you! I like the looks! Please write often.

You and yours are ever in my prayers - mostly of thanksgiving - now I will pray for success job changes as well.

Where I whimsically get to, need to, want to - might - put down some serious, silly, salient thoughts...or not.